Beginner European Portuguese Course I: Video + (1) Live Lesson
This Beginner-Level course starts at "Olá" (Hello) and assumes you have no knowledge of the Portuguese language and culture and will take you from there. The goal of this course is to build a solid foundation of language structures, cultural understanding, and perhaps most importantly, confidence. These components will continuously help you get through the more challenging and frustrating parts that come with any venture into language learning.
What you'll learn in this course:
- Vocabulary for greetings and other common interactions
- Basic grammar rules to get you started.
- Basic verb conjugation rules and a solid basis for working with more complex verbs as you progress.
- Cognates (familiar-looking words from your native language (English).
- Ongoing Cultural components of Portuguese life in each session.
What you'll get from this course:
- Weekly Video Lesson (~25-minute video), 4 total per month
- Weekly Live Lesson (minimum 30 - 40 minutes)
- On-demand (within working hours) Access via text/phone with your instructor
- Weekly homework and time to practice what you have learned in a laid-back conversational manner.
- A friend, a guide, and ongoing cultural consulting and support in your travels.
What you'll need:
- An internet-capable device with a camera and microphone.
- An open mind and a positive attitude - These aren't quite requirements, but they will make the experience so much better :)
If you're looking for something more intensive, please inquire and we can customize the number of classes per week, as well as the length of each session.